To assist you in evaluating your child’s skills to determine if a formal evaluation is needed at this time, please see the self evaluations listed below. Click on the appropriate age group, check the skills your child can demonstrate and then refer to the * to determine if a formal evaluation is recommended at this time.
If an evaluation is recommended, please contact your child’s primary care physician and schedule an evaluation session.
- Speech-Language Self-Evaluation 0 to 1 Year
- Speech-Language Self-Evaluation 1 to 2 Year
- Speech-Language Self-Evaluation 2 to 3 Year
- Speech-Language Self-Evaluation 3 to 4 Year
- Speech-Language Self-Evaluation 4 to 5 Year
Did you know …
- Speech therapy is most effective when children are less than 3 years old
- Early referrals avoid later problems
- Speech problems run in families, so if you have an older child with speech problems, you should refer your younger children too!
- You don’t have to ask your doctor for a referral. You can call and make the referral yourself.