Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
Full-Time / Part-Time in Northfield, OH
Want to have fun at work helping kids with special needs?!?
This is the job for you!
Peak Potential Therapy is seeking caring, dependable, and fun-loving individuals to work as Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) with kids with special needs under the direction of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
Peak Potential Therapy has multiple openings for RBTs to provide appropriate academic, behavioral and emotional support to clients with disabilities or behaviors. An RBT with Peak Potential Therapy is a one-on-one instructor responsible for the day-to-day teaching and implementation of the client’s academic and behavior programs. Peak Potential Therapy’s programming is based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). All RBTs must be trained in these principles and are expected to implement them throughout client sessions.
No training or certification (RBT & CPR) required upon hire, but necessary to start working. All Behavior Technicians (BTs) are required to obtain the RBT certification within 30-days of hire. Assistance is provided for obtaining the RBT certification.
Multiple shifts (part and full-time) available between 8:00 am to 7:00 pm daily. Most of the hours will be at our therapy center in Northfield, OH. However, we do serve families in their home, school, or community in the greater Cleveland – Akron communities.
Responsibilities and Duties
Working as an RBT requires following the direction of the BCBA, take data on ABA program targets, and IEP objectives. Teach and engage in a variety of activities to progress the kids’ skills in social, cognitive, communication, self-care, and more.
- Establish & maintain the therapeutic relationship by pairing self as a reinforcing entity and building the value for the client of social interaction
- Prompt safe and socially acceptable replacement behaviors, in order to build a repertoire of communication, social interaction, and problem-solving skills
- Work with others to improve the effectiveness of service delivery
- Perform any additional duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor
- Complete parent communication by providing information of activities completed throughout the day, toileting information, eating information, and information on any behavioral occurrences
- Advise parents and teachers on the implementation of programs
- Prepare individual activity schedules for the following day
- Write client session notes
- Prepare individual reinforcers
- Clean and disinfect work areas and common areas
- Participate in required 5% supervision with BCBA per month, and attend any additional meetings in order to meet supervision requirements
- Maintain RBT supervision documents according to BACB standards
- Minimum 2 years of college education necessary prior to starting work.
- Clear BCI & FBI background checks are required before starting
- RBT required within 30-days after hired.
- CPR required within 30-days after hired.
- Imperative that the applicant embraces an environment that puts the care of all of our clients and their families at the forefront of their treatment and practices.
- Self-starter who will have the freedom to work semi-independently
- Ability to handle a primarily center-based caseload at a therapy center in Northfield, OH
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Looking for detail-oriented and highly organized individuals.
- FREE training by BCBA, SLP, OT and to obtain RBT certification.
- Gain invaluable experience for future careers in SLT, ABA, Special Education, and more.
- Consistent yet flexible hours to work around college schedules.
- Day and evening with Part-time and Full-time shifts open.
- Fun & relaxed work environment.
- Pay: $10.00 – $16.00 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: Ozone cleaning, UV light disinfecting, high-touch surfaces cleaned, individual treatment rooms for sessions, and more.
If you are interested, please contact us by emailing HR@peakpotentialtherapy.com or calling 330-405-8776.