SMILE Summer Camp™
Therapeutic Day Camp Directed by a Speech Language Therapist
SMILE Summer Camp™ is a therapeutic day camp lead by a speech-language therapist. Campers engage in structured learning activities in addition to daily field trips to generalize skills while focusing on social skills, communication, and emotional regulation. This therapeutic program was developed specifically for children with disabilities to provide them with a fun and interactive way to develop social skills, participate in the activities that typical kids take for granted, and work on their IEP goals. We want to help your child have a better summer!
This camp can be used to supplement ESY, or in place of ESY while being funded by the school district. Every day will be fun-filled with intensive speech-language therapy focused on your child’s goals while being engaged in an outing in the community. All age groups will engage in a variety of field trip activities, and some examples are:
- Therapeutic horseback riding
- Playing miniature golf
- Swimming at community pools
- Visiting the zoo
- Field trips to Cleveland Metroparks & Zoo, Hale Farm & Village, Great Lakes Science Center, Cleveland Botanical Gardens, Fun ‘n Stuff, Sky Zone, The Jump Palace and many others
Need to work around a family vacation or summer schedule? You can easily register for one week in the session or any combination to better work with your availability.Register Online
The cost of SMILE Summer Camp™ includes the following:
- All camp activities, supplies and snacks
- Data collection on IEP objectives
- A safe and structured environment
- Speech-language therapy
- Cost of daily field trips
- Transportation to and from daily field trips
- Camp T-shirt (upon completion of camp)
- Daily Journal
- Daily and weekly visual schedules
- Visual Supports
Space is limited to only 6 children per week. This low ratio of 6 campers to 1 speech therapist and 1 assistant allows us to customize the camp experience to fit each camper’s specific needs. If your child needs an aide, s/he may attend camp with the staff provided by the family or Peak Potential Therapy will provide one for a fee.
Registration and Cost
To register for SMILE Summer Camp™, follow these steps:
- Complete the SMILE Summer Camp™ Registration Form.
- Mail the $100 deposit to save your child’s place. If a 3rd party is confirmed for paying for camp – no deposit is required.
- Upon receiving your registration and deposit, the camp director will contact you to schedule your free 30-minute intake session. This session allows your family to get to know the therapist, review your child’s IEP to develop the specific treatment plan for your child’s camp experience.
- The SMILE Summer Camp™ packet will be e-mailed two weeks prior to camp and includes a welcome letter with specific camp instructions; weekly and daily visual schedules, social stories, medication form, and communication log.
Please note that prices listed below are per week, not per session.
2017 SMILE Summer Camp Schedule
2017 dates are now available and registration is open! Please note that early registration, completed by March 31, 2017, is $599/week (a savings of $100). The regular rate, for registration on April 1, 2017, or after, is $699/week. The weekly fee will be prorated if it is a 4-day week (no camp will be held on May 29, 2017, or July 4, 2017). All weeks are 5 days unless otherwise noted.
Register Before March 31, 2017
|1||May 30 – June 2||13 – 18||$699||$699 $599||Register!|
|2||June 5 – 9||8 – 12||$699||$699 $599||Register!|
|3||June 12 – 16||4 – 8||$699||$699 $599||Register!|
|4||June 19 – 23||13 – 18||$699||$699 $599||Register!|
|5||June 26 – 30||8 – 12||$699||$699 $599||Register!|
|6||July 3, 5 – 7||4 – 8||$699||$699 $599||Register!|
|7||July 10 – 14||13 – 18||$699||$699 $599||Register!|
|8||July 17 – 21||8 – 12||$699||$699 $599||Register!|
|9||July 24 – 28||4 – 8||$699||$699 $599||Register!|
|10||July 31 – August 4||13 – 18||$699||$699 $599||Register!|
|11||August 7 – 11||8 – 12||$699||$699 $599||Register!|
|12||August 14 – 18||4 – 8||$699||$699 $599||Register!|
|13||August 21 – 25||13 – 18||$699||$699 $599||Register!|
** NOTE: Families paying out of pocket will save 10% off regular cost of camp!
Age groups are not definitive. All ages accepted all weeks based on the family’s and therapist’s recommendation and approval.
Before & After Camp – Respite Available
8:00am – 9:00am
3:00pm – 5:00pm
Additional Camp Services Available
Progress Report (ESY or ASD or upon request) – $50 per report
Photo Albums – $30
Complete a registration form for SMILE Summer Camp™ today! If you have questions, please call the staff at Peak Potential Therapy.
We accept the CareCredit healthcare credit card. CareCredit is a healthcare credit card designed exclusively for healthcare services with special financing options such as those offered by Peak Potential Therapy. Apply Now